Our engagement programmes help young people to engage within their families, education, work, communities or environment.
Key impact: Increase young people's engagement, supporting them to strengthen their resilience.
We understand that young people may need support and information to enable them to feel motivated to engage positively in the world and make informed decisions. Our engagement programmes assume young people are finding barriers to engagement, including gaps in their knowledge, and are in need of support to overcome them.
The cost for a 3 day/2 night residential programme for 12-25 year-olds is £2480 for 10 young people. That's £82.60 per day!
(£248 per person for additional numbers.)
What’s included in the price of the Brathay core programme?
- All food and drinks whilst on programme (Our food is hearty and healthy and cooked on the premises by our own chefs; we are able to cater for all dietary needs and our residential facilities include provision for late night snacks on our catered programmes.)
- Accommodation (Typically each young person will sleep in a shared dormitory style bedroom that contains 4 or 6 bunk-style beds. Accompanying staff will sleep in separate single or twin bedrooms.)
- The loan of all necessary outdoor clothing (boots, wellingtons, waterproofs, fleeces, hats and gloves etc.)
- Highly skilled; qualified and experienced staff (both development trainers and technical support staff.)
- Use of all technical equipment required to safely participate in adventurous activities
- All craft and creative materials to facilitate the full development potential of your visit
- Transport to and from all off-site activities during the programme
- Full bathroom facilities divided into the appropriate ratios for the gender mix of the group
- Drying rooms – no wet gear!
- Plenty of group space for chilling in and out of doors
We support young people to engage with their families, education, work, communities and the environment. Building on what they can do and where they are at, we work with their strengths to support them to engage towards a positive future. Our approach includes creating a safe environment, with secure relationships, providing opportunities and new experiences to learn.
Awareness: We support young people to become critically conscious of themselves and their situation to become aware of the barriers preventing their engagement and ability to make informed choices.
Choice: We support young people to understand their choices and the abilities they have to take control of their lives by overcoming barriers of engagement.
Action: We support young people towards taking action to engage in positive activities and make changes for themselves by becoming engaged and wanting change.
The outcomes we achieve include increased:
Examples of our engagement programmes:
Tackling Child Sexual Exploitation - Our Be SAVY programme supports young people towards positive and safe relationships
Family resilience – Our Family Resilience programme supports young people and their families to achieve positive relationships and experiences
Improving mental health - Our #FeelGood #FunctionWell programme increases mental wellbeing and resilience at times of transition, reducing the number of young people needing support for mental health problems
3.7 building resilience in young people - Our school-based programme works with young people to help build their mental resilience and self-confidence
When families are having difficulties functioning successfully there are often social implications. In such situations it is not uncommon for members to become involved in persistent anti-social behaviour. We work with them to help them progress in terms of functioning well as a family.Find out more
Our 3.7 programme is a school-based initiative to help young people become more resilient.Find out more