Our leadership programmes support young people to become leaders of self and others.
Key impact: Young people become leaders of self and participate in social action.
We understand that young people have the potential to take the lead in their own lives and be leaders in their worlds. Our leadership programmes assume young people are engaged and have a growing sense of empowerment, but need support to take the lead.
The cost for a 2 night residential programme for 12-25 year-olds is £2610 for 12 young people. That's £72.50 per day!
(£217.50 per person for additional numbers.)
What’s included in the price of the Brathay core programme?
- All food and drinks whilst on programme (Our food is hearty and healthy and cooked on the premises by our own chefs; we are able to cater for all dietary needs and our residential facilities include provision for late night snacks on our catered programmes.)
- Accommodation (Typically each young person will sleep in a shared dormitory style bedroom that contains 4 or 6 bunk-style beds. Accompanying staff will sleep in separate single or twin bedrooms.)
- The loan of all necessary outdoor clothing (boots, wellingtons, waterproofs, fleeces, hats and gloves etc.)
- Highly skilled; qualified and experienced staff (both development trainers and technical support staff.)
- Use of all technical equipment required to safely participate in adventurous activities
- All craft and creative materials to facilitate the full development potential of your visit
- Transport to and from all off-site activities during the programme
- Full bathroom facilities divided into the appropriate ratios for the gender mix of the group
- Drying rooms – no wet gear!
- Plenty of group space for chilling in and out of doors
We support young people to become leaders of self and others. They may become future leaders in schools, communities, or organisations. Our approach includes individual and team challenges, peer reflection and review and problem solving. It builds on young people’s confidence, skills and sense of responsibility.
Awareness: We support young people to reflect on themselves and their situation and others around them by becoming aware of their ability to lead.
Choice: We support young people to realise their choices can have a positive impact on themselves and others and their power to take control of their lives by developing their leadership skills and growing their confidence to help others make positive choices.
Action: We support young people to take action to influence and change self, situation and environment. We encourage young people to make changes for themselves and others by becoming leaders of self and social action.
The outcomes we achieve build on the engagement and development outcomes and include increased:
Examples of our leadership programmes:
Leadership Development – ALP (Aspiring Leaders Programme) supports aspiring leaders of the community and voluntary sector
Citizenship - NCS (The National Citizen Service) promotes active citizenship and social action in young people's own communities
Leadership potential - Residential programmes supporting young people to be leaders within their schools