The health, safety and wellbeing of all our guests is something we have always taken very seriously.
The coronavirus crisis has presented us with an unprecedented situation that we’re working hard to respond to, to protect those staying with us and our own staff.
We have been careful to ensure that decisions we have made follow the government’s guidelines, and as these are changed and updated, we’re responding immediately to make sure we are implementing the latest and most effective processes possible to ensure you can have a safe stay with us.
After an exceptionally difficult and stressful period for many of us, we know that you’ll be looking forward to enjoying a relaxing break – our sincere thanks for thinking about staying with us at Brathay Hall. Income from your stay with us goes towards our work with vulnerable children and young people; work which is in even greater demand because of the pandemic.
We want to make sure that the peace and quiet of a stay in our Lake District estate also gives you peace of mind.
We’ve put together a 10-point plan which we hope reassures you that we’re going above and beyond to keep you safe, without spoiling your stay with us:
- Guidance and best practice – we are following government guidelines and ensuring that we have best-practice protocols in place to welcome you safely back. We will continue to monitor and adapt our processes as needed as guidance changes and keep training our dedicated venue team to meet and exceed what’s required.
- Social Distancing – We are adhering to the social distancing rules and have signage as appropriate in the hall and outside areas.
- Increase in cleaning and disinfecting – All areas (en-suite bedrooms, self-catering properties, public areas, and toilets) have an increased cleaning regime in place. We will also be using a disinfectant fogging machine in rooms between bookings.
- Sanitiser provided – In public areas and where you may need to use door code pads, hand sanitizer is available.
- Online check in and ordering – to protect visitors and staff we have a new online check-in form for your registration, with an online payment portal. You can also order snacks and drinks items to be dropped off outside your room, including chocolate, crisps, coffee and tea, wine, prosecco, beer etc.
- Door codes/keys – Door codes are in use for our self-catering accommodation so that you will not have to handle keys. For our B&B rooms, keys will be in your room on arrival, limiting the requirement for direct contact.
- Online welcome pack and useful information – We’ve put together a useful pack regarding Brathay Hall and what will be open and available in the local area – restaurants, cafes, pubs, and local attractions. We’ll keep this up to date for you.
- Methods of payment - will be online or with card transactions. We won’t be accepting cash for the time being.
- Breakfast – due to restrictions with capacity and to comply with social distancing requirements, we will, unfortunately, not be offering breakfast as standard from November onwards. There may be limited availability when you check in.
- Your own safe space – once you have checked in to your room or property this will be your own area exclusively. None of our staff will enter throughout your stay unless emergency maintenance or repairs are needed and we’ll always check with you first.
If you have any concerns, or want to know more about what we’re doing, just get in touch and we’ll be happy to talk to you and help. You can email us with your questions by clicking here or call us on 07739 646134.
We've put together information sheets on what you can do, and what we're doing, to ensure you have a safe stay - they're slightly different, depending on whether you're staying with us on a bed and breakfast basis or using our self-catering accommodation:
Flexible Booking Policy
We know that things are changing fast and that you may be concerned about making a booking that you might need to change or cancel. There’s also a chance that you might not be able to come for your stay with us because of a change to the government’s guidelines.
We’ve adjusted our policies to give you extra peace of mind.
For B&B we require a card guarantee to secure the booking. Our cancellation policy is that you can cancel or amend your booking up to 48 hours before the arrival date without charge.
For Self Catering bookings we require a 25% deposit. If we are unable to provide accommodation due to government restrictions, we will provide a full refund or transfer the date of the booking with no extra cost to you. The cancellation and amendment policy will also be 48 hours prior to the arrival date.
Thank you from all of the team at Brathay Hall – we’re really looking forward to welcoming you back!