Everyone deserves a chance
Your help is needed
The number of young people struggling with mental health difficulties has more than doubled in recent years, which means providing targeted programmes to support them is a priority for Brathay.
Brathay are working to help reduce these numbers, but we need your help.
Right now, a young person is thinking about killing them self. Shocked? You should be. Poor mental health is something that affects one in four of the population and it is increasing, especially among young people.
Nationally, the number of young people experiencing mental health problems is growing
- One quarter of young people in the UK experience suicidal thoughts
- Rates of depression and anxiety in teenagers have increased by 70% in the past 25 years
- About 25% of young people self-harm on one occasion
How we help
Eisha was having trouble at home and was suffering from bullying at school, this lead to isolation and self-harm. Here’s what she said about the impact of working with Brathay:
I would lock myself away from the world... I felt isolated, I felt like I didn’t have anyone to speak to, but that was before I had help from Brathay. With their support it has helped me speak up and voice my feelings and emotions in a positive way and be less defensive.
What your support can do
Every £1 makes a difference, helping ensure that more young people like Eisha get the support they need.
- £25 pays for an hours group work
- £100 trains a mentor to support a young person who has no one else
- £250 provides a life changing residential in the Lake District.
Young Minds Matters aims to raise £45,000 to help more young people like Eisha.
We can’t do it without you. Please help us by:
- Using your Brathay Challenge event to fundraise for this work
- Donating either money or time to help our work
- Fundraising by having fun in any way that appeals to you (and is legal)
Please be aware that our total for this appeal is updated manually so your donation will not automatically appear but will be added at a later date.